Secure128 is committed to providing you with excellent service for all of our products and services. Because we respect your right to privacy, we have developed this Privacy Statement to inform you about our privacy practices for the entire Secure128.com web site and the Secure128 services that are provided via these web sites. This Privacy Statement is not applicable to Secure128s corporate parent or affiliates or to any information collected offline or through other web sites which do not display this Privacy Statement. Secure128 services may be hosted on partner sites on behalf of Secure128, and if this Secure128 Privacy Statement is listed on that site, then it will also apply
This Privacy Statement will inform you of:
- What personal information our site gathers about you
- How we use and with whom we share the personal information we gather
- Your ability to opt-out of future notifications
- What security procedures we have in place to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration
- You can correct or update your personal information
Privacy is of great concern to most users of the Internet, and is a critical part of an enjoyable and satisfactory user experience. We at Secure128 are acutely aware of and sensitive to the privacy concerns of our subscribers and other visitors to our Web site. Whether you are a customer of our various products and services or a visitor to our site, we assure you that we do not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us. If you are enrolling for a digital certificate ("Digital Certificate"), you may be asked to provide certain personal information. Please note, however, that we are asking for this information for the limited purposes of creating your Digital Certificate, providing the services that may be part of your Digital Certificate, and authenticating your identity in order to issue you a Digital Certificate. You should be assured that we do not provide or sell personal information about our customers or site visitors to vendors that are not involved in the provision of Secure128 public certification and other services.
Information We Gather from You
Information We Gather from You
There are two ways in which you may explicitly and intentionally provide us with and consent to our collection of certain personal information:
- E-mail Request for Information or Registrations for Guides or Seminars - We use links throughout our site to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via e-mail to ask questions, request information and materials, register or sign up for guides or seminars, or provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of our representatives contact you personally to provide additional information about our products or services. To do so, we may request additional personal information from you, such as your name and telephone number, to help us satisfy your request.
- Enrollment - If you choose to enroll for one of our products or services, we will request certain information from you. Depending on the type of product or service that you request, you may be asked to provide different personal information. For certain products and services, we may require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, bank account information, IP address, and/or social security number. Other products and services may require different or supplemental information from you in order to apply. For a detailed listing of the type of personal information requested for our various products, please refer to the enrollment page for the particular product or service.
Under no circumstances do we collect any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, or sex life.
Statistical Information About Your Visit
When you visit our site, our computers may automatically collect statistics about your visit. This information does not identify you personally, but rather identifies information about a visit to our site. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our site, the users IP address, which pages people visit, from which domains our visitors come and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about your visit for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us improve the performance of our Web site.
Our uses of "cookies" are limited to the following specific situations. The first situation is with respect to temporary cookies. There are two instances in which we use temporary cookies. First, if you are accessing our services through one of our online applications our Web server may automatically send your browser a temporary cookie, which is used to help your browser navigate our site. The only information contained in these temporary cookies is a direction value that lets our software determine which page to show when you hit the back button in your browser. This bit of information is erased when you close your current browser window. If you come to our site from one of our business partners, our Web server may also send your browser a temporary cookie that reflects an "origination code" for that business partner. We use this information for statistical and marketing purposes. Second, if you log into an access-controlled section of our site, we may set a temporary session cookie to establish that you have been authenticated. The information contained in these cookies consists of random data that is used by the server to authenticate the browser requests to the server for that particular session. It does not include any type of personally identifiable information. This bit of information is erased when you close your current browser window. If you choose not to accept a temporary cookie, you will not be able to log into or navigate in these online applications or use the Personal Trust Agent.
Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Forums
If you use a forum, bulletin board, chat room or other chat tool on this Web site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. VeriSign is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. You are also responsible for using these forums in a manner consistent with the "Rules of Engagement" or other terms and conditions set forth on the relevant forum site.
Our Security Procedures
We consider the protection of all personal information we receive from our Web site visitors and subscribers as critical to our corporate mission. Please be assured that we have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any personal information we receive from you. As with any transmission over the Internet, however, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal information. In order to try to minimize this risk, we encrypt all information that you submit in ordering one of our products or services using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
Any questions, please visit contact us anytime.