How to install a SSL Certificate for Microsoft IIS 6.0
Step 1: Obtain Intermediate CA Certificate
- Copy the Intermediate CA certificate from your Secure128 portal under “Order Details”.
- Be sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
Step 2: Obtain and Install your SSL Certificate
- The SSL certificate will be sent by email. The certificate is included as an attachment (Cert.cer) and it is also imbedded in the body of the email. Copy the certificate.
- The text file should look like this:
- Open the Internet Services Manager (IIS)
- Click Start
- Select All Programs
- Select Administrative Tools
- Choose Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Under Web Sites, right-click your web site and select Properties
- Click the Directory Security tab
- Under Secure Communications, click Server Certificate
- The Web Site Certificate Wizard will open, click Next.
- Choose Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate, then click Next.
- Select the location of the certificate response file, and then click Next.
- Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate and then click Next.
- You see a confirmation screen. After you read this information, click Next.
- Be sure to assign your site an SSL port (443 by default).
- Stop and start your Web server prior to any testing.
Verify your Certificate is installed correctly