How to install a SSL Certificate for Stronghold
Step 1: Obtain the Intermediate CA Certificate
- Copy the Intermediate CA certificate from the Secure128 portal under “Order Details”.
- Be sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been added inadvertently.
- Paste the contents into the file "ssl/certs/intermediate.crt" located in your ServerRoot directory
- Change the SSLCACertificateFile directive in your httpd.conf file to this: SSLCACertificateFile certs/intermediate.crt
Step 2: Obtain and Install the SSL Certificate
- The SSL certificate will be sent to you by email. The certificate is included as an attachment (Cert.cer) and it's also imbedded in the body of the email. Copy the certificate.
- The text file should look like this:
- Run getca and specify both the name of the server that owns the certificate and the name of the temporary certificate file.
For example: # getca hostname /tmp/
- This saves the SSL Certificate to the file SSLTOP/certs/hostname.cert then Remove the temporary file.
For example: # rm/tmp/
- Re-start the server
Verify your Certificate is installed correctly